Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another Challenge from Pages in Time

Well no sooner had I finished Maggie's challenge, that I was off to do another. Karen, our wonderful fearless leader at Pages in Time, gave the DT members another challenge to do. This one was very cool as it had to do with us expressing our favorite Christmas memory and journaling about using a beautiful vintage photo she found..which I clipped the pin onto. I'm not much for journaling, in fact, I'm pretty bad at it, so this was a challenge for me. I'm so glad she picked this topic though. It really let me express my fondest Christmas memory. This layout is simply called "The Pin" 
Thanks for taking a peek. Got any Christmas memories you love? Share them with me!!


The journaling reads:

This pin has a great story behind it.
When I was a little girl,
my Mommom would wear this pin
on the lapel of her coat every Christmas Season.
 She would sit me on her lap, so I could stare at it's beauty.
I thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.
After she passed away, I thought life would never be the same.
She was my other half and she was gone.
As Christmas approached, I still was deeply saddened.
I didn't think Christmas would be much of a happy holiday.
Two days before Christmas Eve, I received a package from my father.
It had gifts for the kids and me inside .
As my daughter and I unpacked,
there was a small gold box that read "Open Now" on it.
As I opened it up, I recognized it instantly!
It was my Mommom's pin.
My Dad knew how I loved that pin
and wanted me to know that she was still with me always.
Needless to say, it brightened my day and my Christmas.
Knowing that I could have her near me every holiday from then on out.

Products used are:

Graphic 45 Christmas Past pp
Christmas Red Stickles
Vintage photo distress ink
Black Soot distress ink
Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses pp and alpha stickers
Red Christmas ribbon from your local Walmart

If you're looking for any of these products...click HERE!

1 comment:

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~