Tuesday, July 19, 2011

GCD Studios: Creative Team Work





Hey scrapping friends!

Feels like forever since I've been able to scrap and post something! Work has been crazy busy so I took Sunday to try catch up on some scrapping projects.

I did this layout using the GCD Studios collection by Donna Salazar found at the Flying Unicorn store. This layout is my lift of the most talented Joc (Jeni's) layout "She" which you can see HERE in her gallery at Scrapbook.com Hers is totally amazing and creative and I really wanted to try all those creative ideas and details she did on it. Please check it out and give her some gallery love!
The thing about trying to lift someone's layout or even get inspiration from it, is that you never have the same stuff to work with so you have to use what you have.

I used different stamps, ink colors, flowers and chippies for this. Most of the products are from Flying Unicorn with the exception of one of the small plum Prima Flowers and letters which were from a Swirlydoos kit and the Tim Holtz Grungeboard wings which I had in my stash. I used some Glimmer Glam on the small Flying Unicorn roses to match my paper better.


Here are some close ups:




I have been uber excited to see all the participants in our challenges and swaps in the Flying Forum!! Do join us if you have a chance!! It's super fun and such a great group..we'd love to have you pop over and say hello!! Great prizes to be won in our team hosted challenges too!!

On a side note, the CT team received their August Kit from Flying Unicorn and let me tell you it ROCKS! I can't give any details but trust me...dont' let this one pass you by! They've been selling out on the 2nd day of the reveal! The "Off the Page Project" for August is simply amazing!!

Till next time, Happy Scrappin!!

3 comments:

  1. OM Denise this is a stunner! I can see similiar elements but you have made this all your own.
    I love the brick backround featuring and all that lovely stamping. Such a precious sweet pic and beautiful florals.
    Such an honour to know I inspired you.
    Gorgeous lo.
    Jenix

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~