Monday, March 5, 2012

Challenge Layouts @ Flying Unicon

Hey everyone!

Just sharing a couple layouts I did for some inspiration for the challenges at Flying Unicorn!

This first one I did for the challenge I'm hosting "It's All Black & White". You must use a b&w photo is the only requirement. Easy right?!

I used a mix of Pion Papers available at the STORE. I stitched around the page that I punched and inked the edges with Stormy Sky Distress Ink mixed with a little Faded Jeans ink.
I used Prima and Manor House flowers and some chipboard embellies from Flying Unicorns March kit. The blue leaves and berries are from Websters. Rubons are from February's Flying Unicorn Kit. The Prima metal birdhouse is also from the STORE. What's great about Flying Unicorn is she specializes in hard to get papers like Pion, Riddersholm and ScrapCake just to name a few. It's nice to know someone in the U.S. carries these lines!





This next layout was inspired by Tammy's Lovely Layers Challenge. Her challenge is of course all about layers! Super fun!

I used Websters Ladies and Gents mostly for this layout. Did some fussy cutting and masking too.
I find it easy to work with Websters because they are such whimsical papers! Used mostly Manor House and flowers from the STORE also. Alda just got a new shipment in a little while ago of these beautiful blooms and they're flying out the door! I know I will order more!!

Here are some close ups:




Now, not only are we hosting our regular monthly challenges, but Flying Unicorn is hosting some very special weekly and monthly challenges too! This month we are all about fashion! From our last week's blog hop to our Puttin on the Ritz kit, we are inspired to create create create!! We will be giving away some fabulous RAK's at the "Haute Couture at the Unicorn Ritz" while we make shoes, hats, purses, paper dolls, and more!! Check out my shoe I made for my weekly challenge this week!
 They are super easy to make! I got the template and instructions from Terri @ Artful Affirmations. She has a super easy to follow video too!

Well I hop you fly on over to the Challenge Section of the forum and join us!! We'd love to have you!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, Denise! Thanks for the heads up on Manor House .. off to check it out! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooooo gorgeous and I love the photos. The new MH flowers look soooooo yummy! and that shoe! WOW girl that rocks!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~