Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My December Kit Creations

Hey everyone!!! Can you believe it...it's December!!!! This year has flown by so fast..and tho it wasnt' a great year, I sure did enjoy every single kit Alda put together for us throughout 2012!!

I believe the name of the new December kit says it all.."Ode to Yesteryear". This kit is packed with such amazingness (is that a word..it is now) that I was in awe when I started going thru it.

Now I know you all haven't seen much of my work lately due to the fact that I was in the middle of moving, so this first layout was kind of a 'let's get the mojo back' creation. I loved the balloons that were on the Creative Imaginations "Gallivant" papers. They were perfect for this boy lo I did. I have to apologize up front for any dim pictures. It's been gloomy off and on here and you never know if you'll get a good pic or not on those days.

016445x450_1

I used the Splat Mask from the store and bubble wrap with white paint for the background on it. I then cut out all the balloons from the "Adventure" Sheet and used pop dots to create dimension.

For the next LO, my mojo had been flowing a bit more and I created this for my neice. This is her baby girl and she is just ADORABLE!!! Her kids are so easy to scrap!!I loved putting this one together!

003 (450x447)

I started by using some Molding Paste and the Octagon Mask from the Flying Unicorn store. I then stamped and masked the background a bit more. 015 (301x450)

I painted the KC Frame white and then stamped it with Black Archival ink and a Script Stamp. The Canvas Banner is from a previous kit, but they are still available at the store. CLICK HERE to get one!

019 (301x450)

A few more close ups.

013 (450x301)

011 (450x301)

This next LO I did for Kelly's Round and Round Challenge. I thought the Pink Paislee Artisian Element Frames were perfect for it!  To add more circles, I just took a lid and dipped in a little paint..and stamped away. It is amazing what you can do with ordinary products at home to get creative! The Prima Inglvild Bolme zipper is not from the kit, but it is from the store. You can find them here.

19033_1

 

This next LO is one of my faves I think. My neices gorgeous children were the center of this lo. I used the yummy Fabscraps papers for this one.

Deckomchallengelo

I did a not so perfect punch around the edges, and stamped again with my lid and a prima stamp. I also did a little masking using Crushed Olive Distress Ink

I used Fired Brick Stain on the frame and stamped with paint. Stains are fantastic for treating chippies and they have a really fast drying time which I love!The little crown charms are to die for!! So adorable!

Here are a few close ups.

Deckomchallenge1
Deckomchallenge2
Deckomchallenge3

 

Now it's time to share my OTP!!! I LOVED working on this..I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at first, but I did know I wanted to utilize it..not just display it or give it away. So I used it to make Christmas gift lists, wish lists, a place for special memories and pictures. It was really fun to make and I'm looking so forward to see what everyone else does with theirs!!

 

I used white paint to stamp around the edges on the front cover

18987

Here are the inside pages. Like I said, I wanted to keep it functional so I didn't do my usual cover me with flowers and embellies!! LOL!!

003 (301x450)
006 (450x294)
007 (340x450)
009 (301x450)
019 (291x450)

Well thanks for stopping by Today!!! I really hope you were one of the lucky ones to grab a Dec kit!!

I'd like to add what an amazing group of members we have had at the Flying Unicorn Forums this past year!! I truly enjoy each and every one of you and look foward to an amazing 2013 with you all!!!!

Happy Scrappin!!

Denise :)

1 comment:

  1. My oh my Denise! You just went over the top...these are all truly incredible. I absolutely loved all your finishing touches and that OTP album is marvelous!
    Wow, to be so talented.
    I simply adore it all.
    Keep creating & sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~