Monday, June 17, 2013

Mid Month Muse- Mixed Media Kit

Just sharing my creations I did using the June Mixed Media Kit from Flying Unicorn!

The kit is packed with all kinds of mixed media goodies and I had lots of fun creating! I love the large canvas banner included with this kit. There are so many possibilities that you can do with it. I went back and forth about what I wanted to do with it..cut it up for a canvas mini, make two banners..etc. But I just to keep as is and make myself a cool banner for my scraproom wall. For those who know me..I so love Julie Nutting's "She Art" and I made this using a tutorial from her book.

I drew all the templates out free hand and then used papers from the June Kit of the Month "A Ray of Magic" for her face,body and skirt.


I started by using the mists that came in the MM kit. I just randomly started to spray. I then wanted to add a little more color so I used Lindy's Alpine Rose and TA Glimmer Mist Marmalade. In some places I used the Quarterfoil Mask included with the kit and TCW Paint lids mask with some molding paste. I took the Garden Lattice Mask and used it around the edges with some teal Dylusions Mist. I also stamped the bg using my brick stamp and Fired Brick Distress Ink. I love the chippie letters that are in the kit and painted those yellow first and then spritzed some teal and yellow mists on those.

For her hair I drew it out first and then painted it in using the Tim Holtz Distress Paint (Vintage Photo) included in the MM kit.





Love the Petaloo Vines that are in the kit too! I topped her off holding the bouquet of flowers. I made the center flower using some strips of the Canvas Corp Fringe Ribbon from the June KOM.


For my next MM project I wanted to use the awesome Pastel Pencil Set. So I grabbed a Prima Tag I had and my Julie Nutting Prima Stamp. 

For the background I used the Prima Fairy Rhymes Washi Tape from the June KOM. I took some Pink paint and rubbed it in here and there with my finger to add some color. I used the Oval Doily Frame Die Cut from Cottage Cutz. and some Flying Unicorn Metal Flowers.

I used the Pastel Pencils to color her.




Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you get a chance to use the Mixed Media Kit from Flying Unicorn!




1 comment:

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~