Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hi everyone!
For this post, I wanted to share my process of trying art journaling. I have never been very good at it..in fact, I struggle with it every time I try! But with the cute Donna Downey Art Journal that is in the Mixed Art kit, I knew I wanted to really try to do more of it.
Now being I'm seriously riding the struggle train, I decided to go on the hunt for inspiration. Although I love to be inspired, it is a rare thing if I lift another one's project. However, when I saw Vicky Papaionnou's art journaling, I was in awe. So I tried to lift her Christmas page which you can see HERE.
First I started by choosing a sheet of paper and grabbing my Golden gel. (I would usually use the lighter gel, but I am out) For the papers today I chose to use Craft & You's "Christmas Story"
DSC_0002
I used the gel to adhere the paper to the journal. After I trimmed the sides, I covered the paper with Fired Brick Distress Stain.
DSC_0007
Next, I used a 13 arts stencil and some Molding Paste and added my stars.
DSC_0009
I cut out several rectangles of the Craft and You papers for my presents and stacked them together to glue down. Using my Spectrum Noir marker, I outlined the presents to make them stand out a little bit more.
DSC_0013
I then cut out ribbon and twine to finish up my presents and added the metal tags.
DSC_0016
DSC_0026
I used a couple of Tim Holtz Stamps from his Christmas Memories collection and then colored them with my markers. I cut Santa out and added him above the gifts. I then used a die cut for the vines and glued them down as well.
DSC_0019
DSC_0030
Again, using my Spectrum Noir markers, I colored the ornaments, cut them out and used my paper piercer to add gold string and 'hang' them.
DSC_0033
For the final touches, I used my White Pen to add some 'dots' around the ornaments and used Aileens Snow here and there. I also added my quote using some stickers from my stash and a saying I cut out from a Victorian Christmas 6x6 paper. 
DSC_0044
As I was finishing up I accidentally got a glob of mist on the middle of the pages!! EEK!! Oh what to do?? I have to try to cover that up..just have to figure out how without ruining my page! So if you have any ideas or thoughts..please let me know!
DSC_0057
Here is the final outcome. I know it's not as pretty as Vicky's but she sure helped me try new things..and that is what it's all about right!! Hope you get inspired to get creative and try something new today!!
DSC_0058
Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Denise your page is lovely!!!! Love the vinrant red at the background and how everything came together! It really makes me happy to know that my work inspired fellow talented crafters! Have a great holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~